Download Strava & join our KSIJ Dar es salaam Walking Club by clicking on the link below
- Always make sure you have your phone with you while walking
- Ensure your location is on before opening the Strava app
- You only need the free version of Strava – no need to pay for anything
- Set your privacy controls so that everyone can see you (have flybys switched off)
- All walks to be logged as walks in Strava – except for this challenge, it will be logged as ‘Run’
- Make sure you remember to press save when you finish or it won’t show and hence won’t count
- Walks *MUST* be recorded on Strava – *no strava record – no points*
- Each walk has to be one continuous walk with no pauses except for washroom needs. Treadmill will be accepted for this challenge only (If necessary)
- Take a screenshot of your activity & post it on the group chat so that a record can be kept
- Use the Whatsapp chat group to motivate each other
- Sundays will be counted for this challenge only.
- Weekly scores will be posted on the group every Sunday night
- Warm-up with stretches and/or a short walk and don’t stop abruptly once you finish – walk to cool down and regulate your breathing.
- If you’re a new walker/runner – please ease yourself into it.
Gradually increase your speed & distance.
Have a little water before you start and then a good amount when you get back home.
Wear appropriate shoes – good comfortable fit.
Warm-up & cool down
If for any reason, you are having problems with Strava please contact us.
Minhaal Dewji +255 652 961 361
Shagufta Bhimani +255 683 337 744