We recommend the following as indicators for Zakaat al-Fitr for Ramadhan 2021:
Pishori rice – Tsh 12,000 pp
Mbeya rice – Tsh 7,500 pp
Morogoro rice – Tsh 6,000 pp
Wheat – Tsh 6,500 pp
Dates – Tsh 15,000 pp
1. Who is required to give Fitrah?
A person who at the same time of sunset on the eve of Eid al-Fitr is baligh and sane, and not unconscious, poor or a slave.
2. Fitrah is given on behalf of?
The above defined person must give Fitrah on his behalf and on behalf of those who are considered dependents on him at the time of sunset of Eid ul-Fitr.
3. When to give Fitrah?
It is not permissible to give Fitrah behalf the eve of Eid ul-Fitr, however one can set aside the Fitrah. Niyyat for the Fitrah should be made by the individual on the eve of Eid ul-Fitr. For those who are giving your zakaat al-Fitr in advance. Please do your niyyat on Eid Night.
How To Pay Zakaat al-Fitr:
- We request all members to centralise Zakaat drop-off to boxes placed at mosque and Tabligh Bookshop
- Send the money via masterpass on number 60484177
- Deadline for collection is on the first day of Eid by Zohr time.
- Kindly refrain from giving Zakaat al-Fitr privately and allow Jamaat to distribute the same