Job Application open from: 13th September 2023
Job Application Closes on: 12th October 2023
Job Position : Financial Manager
Job Contract : Full Time
Job Location : KSIJ Dar es Salaam Offices, 9th Floor Sabodo Parkade
A senior managerial position in the KSIJ Dar es Salaam, to ensure full responsibility of the financial operations of the institution including strategy, planning, execution and coordination with the honorary treasurers, This job reports to the Office Bearers and Trustees of the institution.
- Budget Development and Management: Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and oversee the organization’s annual budget.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Analyze financial data and present financial performance trends.
- Investment and Asset Management: Oversee the organization’s investment portfolio and ensure the optimal performance and risk profile. Safeguard the institution’s assets and ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions.
- Donor Reporting: Work closely with the fundraising team to provide financial data for grant applications and donor reports.
- Risk Management: Develop and implement risk management strategies. Ensure the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Process Improvement: Evaluate and enhance financial processes and systems to increase efficiency and transparency.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and manage the finance team, ensuring timely and accurate financial processes.
- Stakeholder Communication: Collaborate with various departments, providing them with financial insights for decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. MBA or related master’s degree is a plus.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIMA) preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of financial management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Proficient in financial software and tools. Knowledge of software, e.g., “QuickBooks, Tally and others” will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- An understanding of non-profit governance and experience with board reporting.
- Commitment to the values and mission of the charitable institution.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary to be offered based on knowledge and experience of the applicant
Apply by filling in the following google form, ensure to mention the Job Position applying for.