- About Us
- Contact Us
EHCHC – Ebrahim Haji Charitable Health Center
The new team under the able leadership of Al Haj Asger Bhai Dhanji has produced commendable results to raise the quality of healthcare and all related services at the Ebrahim Haji Charitable Health Centre (EHCHC).
Head of Central Medical Board – Asger Bhai Dhanji, Vice – Dr Mahmood Bhai Hameer, aSecretary – Shabbirali Bhai Mussa and Treasurer Aliabbas Bhai Manji.
EHCHC Administrator – Dr. Alihussein Moloo and EHCHC Head of Finance Brother Ali Manekia.
The CMB delivered on its objective of uplifting the infrastructure of Ebrahim Haji Charitable Health Centre for health and safety and continue to build the image of the institution. The key areas of focus were increasing the number of consultation rooms for specialists, restructuring the old theater to meet higher standards and setting up a training center for its staff members.
Among the achievements that the health facility saw during the revamping phase were as follows:
- 3 new and spacious consultation rooms to cater for an increasing number of specialists and patients
- New conference room / training center for staff activities and meetings
- 2 private rooms with television, fridge and microwave facilities and 1 deluxe room with an additional sofa bed
- Significant upgrade to the old theater to support improved quality and number of surgeries especially in the maternity department
- A canteen for staff, patients and their relatives which will open soon
- The waiting area upgraded with better seating, flooring and improved signage
- Separate entrance for emergency cases directly connected to the casualty and critical care ward.
- Improved external view of the facility to give a uniform look across all 3 buildings of the Health Centre
3 New consultation rooms for Internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology and orthopedic
Improved external ambience and independent entrance for patients requiring emergency care
3 private rooms, one being deluxe room with TV, Fridge, microwave facilities and sofa bed
Upgrade of waiting area with improved signage, flooring and seating space
Addition of a new conference room / training center in the old wing 2nd floor and revamp of the old theater on the ground floor
This upgrade has improved the flow of services at the Health Center in terms of waiting time and ease of movements for staff and patients. The improved working environment has significantly boosted the morale of the health care staff.
Together with infrastructure upgrades the management of the Health Center has given significant focus on further improving the quality of healthcare and service delivery.
- Weekly trainings for various departments by external facilitators and sharing of best practices
- Patient service and relationship management department has been set up to improve interaction and experience with patients.
- Introduction of standard tools for quality assessment and improvement for internal audits of processes at the facility.
- Introduction of the Neurology and Urology departments by visiting specialists.
The key objectives for 2023 are focused on improving the quality of care, staff training and strengthening internal work flow and systems.
Weekly training for the Nursing Department – clinical competency sessions conducted by Sis. Zainab Karim (Senior Nurse) and Customer care by Core Learning
Our friendly Customer Care Manager Sis. Joyce Kahigwa and Head of Reception Sis. Fatma Ashraf registering and navigating patients through the facility
Our dentist, Dr Jaffer Rizvi in action in our improved dental department
24 Hours Pharmacy and Laboratory services with professionals having years of experience
In the month of January 2023, the Health Centre organized an open day program whereby members of the community were welcomed to visit the facility and witness the developments made. The Central Medical Board and Ebrahim Haji Charitable Health Centre Management appreciate members of the community, both ladies and gents, who attended the show visit which was full of positive feedback. Heartfelt gratitude goes to all the donors and well-wishers who have shown tremendous support during the whole period of upliftment.
*For the following section, consent has been obtained from patients/guardians for use of picture
As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility and upholding the values of a Charitable Health Facility, Ebrahim Haji Charitable Health Centre continues its weekly FREE Bibi Sakina (as) children’s clinic for street children and those coming from non-affording families. This clinic runs every Saturday from 4:30 pm whereby up to 50 children are seen every session by pediatricians and other doctors and free treatment is provided. The management of the clinic and the health centre appreciates all donors who make this exercise successful. Special appreciation goes to the founding pediatricians Dr Khadija Bhimji, Dr Imran Hassam, Dr Taher Pishori and Dr Yasser Said and all doctors who have joined this noble cause.
Doctors in action during weekly Bibi Sakina (as) clinic that sees up to 50 children per session
Patients receiving wound care and rehabilitation after surgery – Abul Fadhl Orthopedic camp
Abul Fadhl (as) Orthopedic Surgeries and Clinics is another charitable project which was started in November 2022. The aim of this project is to carry out 10 surgeries every month for non-affording patients who have been involved in accidents and have sustained fractures. Surgeries and treatments are provided free for patients who are living with disabilities. The orthopedic team then carries our rehabilitation for patients post surgery