The Al Muntazir Schools are managed under the auspices of KSIJ Central Board of Education, a Non-Profit Organization, providing quality education to students from multicultural backgrounds and comprises several schools spread over many campuses, providing education at Toddlers, Nursery, Primary and Secondary. We are looking for experienced and competent individual in the following capacity:
Executive Secretary to the Board (CBE)
Dar Es Salaam.
- Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences etc.
- Attend all meetings and keep minutes for Board and all Committees
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible
- Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned
- Prepare weekly Board and Committees agenda.
- Develops the monthly Board of Education agenda for both the Board and Senior management.
- Solicits and collects Board Agenda items from administrators and secretaries who are tasked with submitting financial reports and other reports.
- Controls timelines and deadlines for Board Agenda items.
- Assembles Board Meeting Agenda and prepare minutes of meeting / share minutes with Board and other bodies such as Jamaat. Also to follow up on items discussed in the minutes.
- Assists Board / DoS and other members of Schools by reading, researching, and routing correspondence (especially Ministry related information and regulations); drafting letters and documents; and collecting and analyzing information.
- Effectively follows up with Board and DoS to ensure any outstanding issues are being resolved and/or followed up at that level.
- Coordinates and prioritizes the Secretariat, weekly, and monthly agenda
- Communicates all messages to Board Members.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge by attending Educational Workshops reviewing professional Publications.
- Understands the priorities of the Board. Understands the internal and external organizational relationships of the Board.
- Maintains familiarity with the School Code and other educational, legal and technical terminology.
- Assists in the development and distribution of Board Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring all Board related documents are stored safely and maintain all School and Board Policies
- Ensure all presentations and information shared with the Board is maintained safely and is able as and when required.
- Willing to take on additional responsibility as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work Experience (desired but not essential)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar administrative support position
- Effective communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of community groups
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV, copies of Educational Certificates and an application letter to [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of all applications is 15th May 2021